Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Indian New Year





So it turns out my birthday is on the Indian New Year! I heard from one of the women at the Naam that there would be a festival on Saturday, which it turns out is the same one that woke me up in 2008 held right outside my old house on 49th and Fraser. There was the same bright sunlight I remember, the same colour, friendliness and delicious free (!) food. I walked about in a muggy daze soaking in the smiles and the sun before cycling away to coffee up. I would have missed it if I had gone home from my night shift to sleep and it was well worth being a dribbling zombie for a day.
The whole day followed suit with the sun weighing me down like a fat yellow toad, and a busy convivial atmosphere filled the bustling streets. These images are from my brand new camera, a present from my kick-ass, ridiculously generous girlfriend. expect decent photos in all light and weather from now on viewers...

1 comment:

  1. Fat yellow toad - nice. Glad to see all this mirth and merriment going on. Be careful of killer fungi now.

    Also, on behalf of the entire Ewan-watching community, thank-you Adrienne for the many glorious images your gift will bring us.

    ReplyDelete